Residential Fence Salesperson
Residential Fence Salesperson (Fargo)
Date Posted: October 23, 2017
Dakota Fence is seeking a full-time residential fence salesperson for its Fargo, North Dakota office. This residential fence salesperson will meet with residential homeowners who have requested an estimate. The residential fence salesperson will be expected to understand what the customer is looking for in a fence solution, explain the various fence options that are best suited for that fence solution, explain the differences between competitive products, and then prepare an onsite winning and profitable estimate for the customer. This residential fence salesperson will work closely with the residential fence coordinator, administrative assistants and other sales team members. The successful candidate will have a desire to win and develop new business with a personal touch and create a positive customer experience.
The principal job duties of this position are to:
- Provide fence estimates to homeowners that request an appointment
- Meet with homeowners to measure their yard for the fence, understand the homeowner’s desired fence solution, guide the homeowner through the various fence options that will best solve their fencing need and provide an onsite estimate.
- Explain the differences between competitive products.
- Work on marketing campaigns and home shows to generate new business.
- Promote a favorable image of Dakota Fence, internally and externally.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training.
- Understand the local market and identify growth opportunities.
- Construction or a related industry knowledge and experience preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and electronic communication skills and ability to produce professional proposals.
- Well organized, attention to detail and ability to learn products quickly.
- Strong technology and math skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- Computer experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system would be helpful.
- Experience with bids and estimating preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Competitive benefits package, including health, 401(k), profit sharing, cell phone and Microsoft Surface. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 15, 2017. If you have any questions regarding this position or the hiring process, please contact Joe Currier at (701) 476-8557. This is an internal and external posting.